Saturday, February 18, 2012

Yet Another Window Jewelry Holder

Before
After

Screen Window Jewelry Holder
This is one of two jewelry holders my husband, daughter and I made.  We got the windows from freecycle (freecycle.org).  They had glass in them.  We popped out a piece of trim:
 
Do this from the back of the window.  Be very careful, the glass may break.  Save the trim piece if possible. 
We then sanded and refinished the frame.  You could easily paint it or just leave it antiqued looking.  My husband stapled in a piece of screening from the back and replaced the trim piece.  Basically you are just replacing the glass with screen.  You want a little clearance in the back of the screen to make it easier to hook earrings into it.  We then screwed hooks into the frame on all four sides on the front. 
We put a sturdy picture hanger on the back and hung them up. We left the original latch and hinges, I use them to hang my long necklaces.  I use the top row of hooks for my watches and the bottom row for bracelets.

I love how it looks in the room.  It really helps me to see my jewelry.  I can see all my earrings, bracelets and watches. Nothing gets tangled. Enjoy!
Some other ideas:
http://www.craftbits.com/project/jewelry-organizer-frame
http://www.ehow.com/how_6665998_make-earring-holder-window-screen.html

1 comment: